Come and See
Are you someone, or do you know someone who…
• Has expressed an interest in becoming Catholic?
• Was baptized Catholic as a child, but has not celebrated the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist?
We offer an opportunity to come together in a small group to learn more about our faith. Sessions focus on the teachings and experience of Church and prepare individuals to celebrate the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist during the Easter season. There are separate sessions for adults and children or youth. You are welcome to participate in the process with your questions, your insights and your faith story in a warm, accepting setting.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the process through which interested adults and older children are gradually introduced to the Roman Catholic faith and way of life.
This process includes 4 stages:
• Period of the Precatechumenate – The Gospel and answering questions.
• Period of the Catechumenate – The Deposit of Faith.
• Period of Purification and Enlightenment – The truths of the Faith as they related to spirituality and prayer; mystical
• Period of Postbaptismal Catechesis or Mystagogy – The deeper Christian life, especially as it relates to the sacraments.
For more information about this process, please email Merry Reardon or call 408-997-5112.