Catechesis is more than just religious education—it is a life-long journey of conversion. Our goal is to bring our children to Christ, to prepare them for the sacramental life of the church, and to help them understand the social justice implications of discipleship as we integrate prayer into their lives.
Outlined below is the Faith Formation process at Holy Spirit. For more information, contact Merry Reardon at 408-997-5112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Class schedules are: Sundays 10:45-11:45am and Mondays 5:30-6:30pm
– The maximum class size is limited to 15 students each class
– First Reconciliation and First Eucharist are offered as a combined preparation program only.
– You may register for First Reconciliation/First Eucharist if your child has already completed one full year of religious education, either in a parish program or at a Catholic school, and is in at least 2nd grade or higher.
– There will be multiple parent meetings and child practice sessions to attend.
– Confirmation is a two-year process.
– 1st Year: Candidates/parents meet once per month. Meetings are held the first Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30 P.M. Candidates will be involved in service projects.
– 2nd Year: Candidates/sponsors meet several times per year. Candidates will be involved in service projects and two retreats with their sponsors.
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. – Proverbs 22:6
Who Should Attend Faith Formation?
Any child that attends public school in kindergarten through fifth grade. Faith Formation is a life long journey and doesn’t end when a child makes the First Eucharist Sacrament.
When Does Faith Formation Registration Start?
Registration for the 2019-2020 Faith Formation session is now open! Click below to sign up.
There are 2 classes available for Faith Formation. Faith Formation classes will be offered from 10:45-11:45am on Sundays and from 5:30-6:30pm on Monday evenings.
We are currently in need of both Faith Formation catechists. Faith Formation classes allow you to build a relationship with students because you get to meet once a week September through April on either Sundays at 10:45-11:45 a.m. or Monday afternoons from 5:30-6:30 p.m. All materials are provided and training sessions will be held over the summer to make sure you feel completely prepared for your role.
If God is calling you to share your faith in this way, please contact Merry Reardon at 408-997-5112 or email@example.com.