New! Card Ministry!
In this modern age of quick texts, group emails and video chats, we’ve lost the sweetness of opening a mailed card or letter and reading someone’s handwritten words. Encouraging each other is a key attribute of Holy Spirit Parish. Even while in-person ministry is limited in 2020, there are opportunities to build up those in our community who are truly isolated, living alone, or fighting illness. That’s where our card writing ministry comes in!
Getting a handwritten card in the mail is often the perfect pick-me-up for down days. And sending words of faith, friendship and encouragement is a mood-booster for the letter writer too! Commit to spreading Christ’s love with a brief note of prayer or cheer!
– Sending cards to shut-ins, sick, older or absent members
– Make a donation of cards or stamps for this ministry
– Make monthly card/postage porch deliveries to team members
– Be a registered member of Holy Spirit Church
– Pray for the request/person, then write a handwritten note
– Write three to five cards each week
– Stamps, envelopes and cards can be provided, when needed
– Safe porch drop-off for supplies
To serve in this ministry or to be a recipient of cards, please contact Leah Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org.