Catechesis is more than just religious education—it is a life-long journey of conversion. Our goal is to bring our children to Christ, to prepare them for the sacramental life of the church, and to help them understand the social justice implications of discipleship as we integrate prayer into their lives.
Outlined below is the Faith Formation process at Holy Spirit. For more information, contact Merry Reardon at 408-997-5112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Class schedules are: Mondays 5:30 P.M. to 6:30 P.M. and Sundays 10:45 A.M. to 11:45 A.M.
– The maximum class size is limited to 15 students each class
– First Reconciliation and First Eucharist are offered as a combined preparation program only.
– You may register for First Reconciliation/First Eucharist if your child has already completed one full year of religious education, either in a parish program or at a Catholic school, and is in at least 2nd grade or higher.
– There will be multiple parent meetings and child practice sessions to attend.
– Confirmation is a two-year process.
– 1st Year: Candidates/parents meet once per month. Meetings are held the first Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30 P.M. Candidates will be involved in service projects.
– 2nd Year: Candidates/sponsors meet several times per year. Candidates will be involved in service projects and two retreats with their sponsors.
Registration for Faith Formation classes and Sacrament Prep is closed for 2017-18